Saturday, July 25, 2009

LIVING CONDITION

Abu Dhabi is a nice place. You will see high-rise buildings in the heart of the city, commercial, residential etc. Corniche is one of the tourist spot here. I often visit the place if ever I want to be alone. Corniche is my sanctuary. In that place I can think peacefully, I can reflect about all the things happened to me, especially my work and also talking to GOD asking for his guidance and be safe at all time.

Abu Dhabi is one of the most beautiful place in the Middle East. Despite the fact that this place is a dessert but you can find the place full of green plants. It is really amazing.

Of course, there is also common problem for an expat like me which is accommodation, where you can rent a bed space for AED 500.00 to 600.00 a month for a nepali like me, which I will be able to share a small room for about 10 persons.

I have a friend who is always complaining about the bed space he shared with others. He paid AED 750.00 share with 10 people in one small space. He cannot cook well because there is only one common kitchen used by more the 40 people in a flat (4 to 5 rooms). Even using the toilet in which usually (especially early morning when lots of people going to toilet to take a bath for the preparations to work) he needs to wait in order to use the toilet. My friend need to wake up very early so he has a privilege to get first using the toilet. (Its what I call it sacrifice)

Foods are really expensive. I am only receiving AED 850.00 a month whereas I need to get my food expenses from my salary. I usually spend AED 250.00 a month for the food alone. How about my other expenses like buying my personal things like toothpaste, bath soap, laundry soap and other things for my personal hygiene? Aside from that, I need to send my monthly remittance in Nepal. The salary we have been receiving is not enough to cover-up all the expenses.

I already finished 1 year, but unfortunately, I have never save anything from my salary. I will go home for vacation empty handed. I even requested my supervisor to raise my salary but until now there is no result. Considering all the efforts for my jobs. I even got more than 5 times “EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH”. It proved that I am really a hardworking employee.

No comments: